The long wait is over!
With the launch of our Sett Vault app and liquidity mining event tomorrow, you will be able to claim $BADGER if you qualify for our retroactive airdrop.
What is the Badger Airdrop?
Badger DAO is meant to be a community where all the best builders in the space can come together and build products to help accelerate BTC in DeFi. To do that we need community members that share in our values;
- Support public goods
- BTC as collateral for financial services
- Decentralized governance
Badger DAO will be rewarding ideal community members based on retroactive actions they’ve taken across protocols and platforms.
At launch of the $BADGER governance token tomorrow, we’ll be airdropping 10% of the $BADGER supply to wallets from users across 19 different communities, protocols and initiatives. These are specific actions that those wallets have taken and the amount of their rewarded $BADGER is proportionate to the size of the action.
How It Works
You will have a 48 hour grace period from launch to claim your rewards. At that point, every 24 hours, 20% of your $BADGER rewards will be redistributed to a community pool. That’s why it’s critical that you claim your rewards as fast as possible! At the end of 5 days there will be no more rewards left for you to claim.
Let the hunt commence.
People will then be able to earn $BADGER (the catch) from that community pool based on actions they take within our protocol (hold Badger for a period of time, use our Sett product, participate in Badger governance etc.) The more you do the bigger the “Catch” is from the pool.
Over 32k unique addresses qualified for the airdrop. To make the cut you would have had to take any of the actions below.
- Participated in SUSHI Governance
- Supplied/Borrowed wBTC on Compound
- MetaCartel DAO Members
- Deposited/Borrowed wBTC on Aave
- Participated in Yearn.Finance Governance
- Participated in Yam Governance
- Minted wBTC
- Minted renBTC
- Minted sBTC
- The LAO Members
- Deposited in sBTC and renBTC pools on Curve.fi
- Participated in 1Hive Governance
- Provided liquidity for wBTC/ETH pool on Balancer
- Supplied/Borrowed wBTC on Maker
- Donated to Gitcoin
- Provided liquidity for wBTC/ETH pool on Uniswap
- Member of dORG DAO
- Minted tBTC
- Participated in Harvest.Finance Governance
How to Claim
To claim your $BADGER rewards all you have to do is go to app.badger.finance, connect your wallet and click the Hunt tab. There you will see how much $BADGER you’ve been rewarded.
You can then click claim or claim & stake. Just claim will transfer the $BADGER to your wallet. If you decide to stake as well it will be automatically deposited into the Badger Sett vault where you will earn additional $BADGER during the 8 week liquidity mining event. We auto compound the rewards you receive and put them back into the vault so you earn even more $BADGER. We will retroactively distribute fees from the vault product to those that are staked. You can withdraw from that vault at any time to claim your rewards. To learn more about our Sett vaults and strategies go here.
What Else Can I Do with My $BADGER?
- GOVERNANCE — The main purpose of $BADGER is to be used to govern our entire ecosystem including Sett vaults + other products, treasury and operations. This puts token holders in control of the DAO with vested interest to make it sustainable and successful.
- STAKE — Users can stake their $BADGER in the Badger Sett vault to earn additional $BADGER during the 8 week liquidity event and vault fees that come from Setts.
- Liquidity- Users can add liquidity to the $BADGER<>wBTC Uniswap pool and stake those in our Sett vault to earn yield and $BADGER.
- Mint MEME NFTs — Next week users will be able to stake their $BADGER on Dontbuymeme.com to mint exclusive Badger + MEME NFT’s and participate in the Honey Badger Pot. Where the first person to collect all 5 NFT’s will be able to claim a pot of $BADGER rewards.
- HODL — Starting soon early Badger holders will have an opportunity to earn from the community $BADGER rewards pool. The ability to claim will be dependant on the amount of on-echain actions they take within our ecosystem.
We’re an open community. Want to help around anything? Just come do it and be rewarded accordingly. All our conversations happen in Discord.
Do you want to develop new strategies for our Sett vaults?
We have 2 major incentives for those that do so.
- Earn up to 50% of the performance fee (20%) revenue generated from the strategies you create.
- Earn from the developer mining pool (15% of the supply = 3.15M $BADGER) based on how much revenue your strategy(s) bring to the DAO vs total revenue.
Want to create a cool product with Badger like Sett vaults?
Similar to strategy incentives above, we encourage developers to collaborate with the DAO to build products and infrastructure focused on tokenized Bitcoin. Badger can help fund, build, bootstrap users through our community and provide $BADGER as incentives to users.
Developers that build with our DAO will earn a % of revenue from that product forever + $BADGER rewards from the developer mining pool.
Badger Developer Program
A program to fostering an environment where developers are rightfully compensated for their collaboration.
To Learn More About Badger
Introducing Badger DAO
Dedicated to building products and infrastructure to bring Bitcoin to DeFi together.
Badger DAO: How It Works
A deep dive into how Badger operates and brings products to market.
A Truly Fair Token Launch
How Badger is re-writing the playbook on how to launch fairly.