Badger Early Contributor Program
We believe that community involvement doesn’t start after launch but instead needs to start well before launch. Especially with Badger DAO. It’s not a company, business or legal entity, it’s a community that manages a variety of software products that run on blockchains. How could it be community-owned if only the ones who kickstarted Badger made all the important decisions (concerning governance, launch, token economics, and products) instead of the future Badger builders? It wouldn’t make sense.
That’s why we are launching the Badger “Early Contributor Program”. Let’s MORPH this plan into exactly what the community wants!
What is the Early Contributor Program
The Badger early contributor program is an initiative to reward community members willing to help the founding team run the operations and make important decisions pre-launch around;
- Liquidity mining event structure
- $BADGER and $DIGG tokenomics
- Governance process and parameters
- Sett (vault) product parameters
- Digg protocol parameters
- DAO product development process
Helping the founding team can be around anything including but not limited to;
- Community management
- Front/Back end development
- Content creation
Some Immediate Needs
- A Discord moderator to welcome people, repost blogs, post announcements, maintain the Bounty Billboard, create polls, and general positive noise-making.
- Front/backend development for the website and the the Setts dashboard
- Blog writers posting about new Sett releases, partnerships, new product announcements, etc.
- Idea funnelers who can create polls, float the best ideas from the Discord community, etc.
- Someone reaching out to DeFi newsletters, influencers, podcasts.
- Someone responsible for coordinating retweets, shares, claps, upvotes for each content release.
- A designated banner creator for blog posts.
- Creating scripts for video game based video content (for any/all announcements). Collaborating with internal graphic and video designer to create these.
We have earmarked 5% of the total $BADGER supply and up to 10% of the $DIGG supply to be distributed to early contributors. The more you contribute the more you’re rewarded.
With the current tokenomic structure, early contributors will receive more than the founding team. As they have been allocated 10% of the total supply of $BADGER and 5% $DIGG.
Ideally these early contributors transition post launch to join the Badger DAO operations team.
Those chosen to receive rewards will have their tokens unlocked linearly every 2 weeks for 6 months.
How It Works
This is not meant to be a, make some meme’s to get into the whitelist type nonsense. This genuinely an initiative to reward those willing to help with operations and those with experience offering valuable insight and direction.
Those willing to provide operations support join the dedicated channels on Discord and voice their willingness to get involved.
There are dedicated channels in the Badger DAO Discord for each of the above areas. Community members that actively engage in helping define these by providing; insight, suggestions, feedback, requests, ideas etc. will be individually chosen by the Badger DAO ops team to be rewarded with $BADGER and $DIGG at launch.
Finally, there will be an actively updated “Badger Bounty Billboard” pinned in Discord with requests for help and insight.
Request for Feedback (RFF)
To engage the greater community we are going to be launching a campaign called, Request for Feedback (RFF). An RFF is meant to draw not just attention from crypto Twitter, but to bring in smart people with great ideas and turn them into improvements on the Badger DAO’s products and governance.
Frequently (daily/or every few days) on Twitter, we will ask a question regarding an important decision for the Badger DAO, and outline our existing strategy for tackling that question. We will then tag a handful of people that may be willing to provide insight around this topic. We’ll then invite them and anyone that wants to engage into a channel on our Discord where this topic is being discussed in detail. Example;
Question: What is the “right” duration for a liquidity mining event?
Current Approach: 8 weeks for 40% of the total supply.
Request for Feedback: @ person1 @ person2 @ person3 @ person4
For additional reference please see a few of our other articles that dig deeper into how the DAO will work, our fair launch approach and introduction to Badgers products.
How Do I Learn More?
There are many ways to engage the Badger DAO community and educate yourself on the use of our protocol.